Bitcoin News

SLP171 planB & Saifedean – Bitcoin S2FX, S2F and Evolution From Collectible to Financial Asset

PlanB (pseudonymous Bitcoin quant) & Saifedean (Bitcoin economist) rejoin me to talk about PlanB’s latest work on S2FX, and some of the debates being had on S2F modelling as well as addressing some of the criticism. We will also talk about Bitcoin as it goes through phase transitions, and the implications on the Bitcoin industry, and the rest of society.

www.stephanlivera.com/171

1. Why haven't more people seen this?! I can't wait to see how this unfolds for this cycle. I have the feeling I'll be looking back at this video in a year or so to find more like 1.5M views. #aheadoftheclass

2. Found you via twitch. Where can I find the walk through info on mining from laptops?

3. Sum: Bitcoin is VERY SCARCE… this scarcity makes it EXTREMELY VALUABLE.
    Advice: Beg, steal borrow to BUY BTC and USE LEDGER WALLET ordered direct from Ledger so you don't get hacked.

4. I am commenting just as a proof to tell my grandkids that I took part in this financial revolution and saw this coming.

5. What an epic interview! 🔥

6. Interviews like this make you want to Stack Satoshi's, Holdl, and see what each four year period shall bring. Part of a club for civilization.

7. This podcast could be legendary in the coming years

8. My take away here is… Buy $50 of BTC per week for the the rest of my life and then retire in about 8 years by selling that exact amount of BTC that I bought this week 8 years from now each week for a $6000+ weekly permanent income. 😉

9. Since beginning of crisis and since sp500 reach the top gold outperform btc.
    Myself as a investor i dont forget the -25% in bitcoin in a day.
    Btc after halving still flat.
    Btc needs actual cash/coins/money/people working getting paid and buying btc to go up. Btc doesn't go up because you do some podcast anf Plan B is changing his charts to do the rise in 2021..

10. Could anyone explain the significance of the model to a non math person? Clueless as the the significance of a ‘high R square of 1.0’, co-integration, non-spurious correlation, etc.

Also does any of this math/data give evidence that Bitcoin price isn’t coincidentally rising with stock to flow? Like said dean touched on with his Puppy and building analogy. I didn’t understand why that wasn’t valid. Bitcoin could just be in lockstep with the Nasdaq since 2008 for example. Cheers!

11. FUEGO PODCAST

12. This episode should be highlighted in your front page Stephan ! This is a must listen!

13. OK, here's my little model: Money is not scarce by its supply. It's scarce by how dear it is kept among the masses.
    You can make the billionaires into trillionaires (they don't know the value of money anyway), but as long as you can keep the masses starved for money, the value of that money will be kept dear (the masses need to know the value of the penny to survive!).
    – Globally, if you divided all fiat equally among everyone, each person gets about 11,000 dollars (before the massive printing).
    – Globally, if you divided all Satoshis equally among everyone, each person gets roughly 240,000 sats (about $20 bucks now).
    Anything above $11,000 and 240,000 sats puts you above average in terms of "your share" of money supply.
    This is just a snapshot based on global M3 (which of course is also an estimate) and everything is converted to $'s. It's like if you took all mega-billionaires' money away (and everyone else's too), put it ALL in a pile, and divided it equally among the 7.8 billion people… Same with the Sats-supply… Actually both supplies – the fiat and the sats – are mostly owned by mega-billionaires.

14. Stock to Flow is Like Moores Laws….

15. I'm thinking Bitcoin should be renamed. It sounds unserious, like some toy money.
    Now that it is changing phase once again – rename it! Suggestions?…
    Nihontō ? – Katana ? – Kodachi ?… You're right we need some military thinkers in this. Bitcoin sounds wimpy. 😁
    (Btw. the price is being hammered by the crooks again right now – this is an ongoing thing…)

16. Saifedeen is simply brilliant in explaining

17. I like how fair and level-headed the host asked the questions to both.

Very, very interesting talk!

18. Michel Maloney believe silver will moon saif not should debate

19. Saifedean in his book neglects to address the idea that inequality is socially damaging, and that a deflationary currency such as a strict gold standard tends to increase inequality, because its rising price makes it increasingly inaccessible to late adopters while encouraging hoarding among those who bought in early. Subdividing the currency may make it more usable for transactions, but it doesn't stop people hoarding.

20. One thing is sure, we need to start #ArmingBitcoin. Run your one node. The more nodes the harder to attack Bitcoin by governments or other big powers. #OnePersonOneNode

21. price is pumped by tether

22. This is bitcoin podcasting at it's finest. Saifedean and planB together is an automatic drop everything and listen up situation.

23. "There is no replacement for thinking about things." – Saife

24. he should make a 3D chart that also includes blockheight

25. Wow, I never thought Stephan Livera was Italian, until I watched him talk!

26. 3 of my top 7 most listened to gentlemen in the bitcoin space. What a treat to have them all in the one interview.

27. Excellent interview with two brilliant guests! Thank you! 🔥🤙

28. He’s completely wrong on silver. I do like btc a lot.

29. Plan B sounds like Bane from Batman

30. Something I'd like to understand in much greater depth is what were the features of great civilizations built on sound money that we no longer have today? How can these features be cultivated alongside the monetization of Bitcoin over the coming decades? I'm thinking particularly of the Artistic Flourishing chapter in The Bitcoin Standard, but what else?

31. Love your content Stephan, thanks so much for these podcasts!

32. Nice job.

33. You are a legend for his interview. You already know that tho lol

34. awesome, about to watch; wanted to be the 33d comment as this will be epic and legendary one day