Cryptocurrency

Why I Just Sold HALF My Cryptocurrency Portfolio

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin & many other cryptocurrencies have had a great run-up recently. I’ve been watching Bitcoin, Ethereum & Litecoin closely the past few days and I’ve come to the conclusion that I am not comfortable with being invested in the larger cryptocurrencies currently. Therefore, I have sold the half of my portfolio that is in “major” cryptocurrencies. I continue to invest and trade in smaller altcoins.

What do you think? Dumb decision? Smart? I’m NOT getting out of the cryptocurrency market – rather, I’m placing myself in cash right now so I can buy when I see plenty of opportunity for it to go much cheaper. Let me know your thoughts in the comments – always happy to entertain any viewpoint. Be safe and happy investing!

If you want to support me and my content, consider following me on these other platforms:

Twitter:
Medium:
Seeking Alpha:

1. Well….. so much for conspiracy theories…

2. Wow were you wrong.

3. Lol. This guy has made so many FUD videos and he just keeps being proven wrong. Poor guy.

4. lol. So you missed the 4k > 11k rally? Must suck to suck. Hodl

5. Check out DASH . Savage money right there ,right now ! (also a good coin)

6. MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES BITCOIN = 10,000+ USD

cryptobanning ?? u mean regulated = mass market adoption
    hedgefunds are going into crypto market by the trillions in usd!
    get wrecked haha

7. Are you going to just redo this video and replace 4k with 10k?

8. did you get back into the bitcoin market when price down to 3600 end Sept?

9. youre an idiot 😀 hodl aint for pussies 😀

10. like a police detective leading investigation in wrong direction

11. hihi

12. Hind sight is for sure 20/20!!! #bitcoin2Benjamins

13. Well now hat BTC is near $8300 what are your thoughts

14. I'm watching this in realtime right now for ETH…its so obvious…and I'm a baby goldfish!

EDIT* I just noticed the huge pump and dump that happened yesterday and today with Powerledger. I see the same thing happening with Feathercoin. I also think ADA suffered as well because the volume is only at 877.70 right now when it was way way higher just yesterday. I am staying away from these pump and dumps…

15. So you sold at the lowest level? Same here

16. Salty much? JK dude, lol. No one saw that coming

17. Bummer dude. It's a month later and at USD$7,450

18. and it keeps going up and up

19. Total fail. My condolences on your loss and your stupid decision.

20. China is not banning cryptos they are consolidating to 3 main exchanges that will be government controlled those storys are comming from the same asshole that put out fud a few years ago that made bitcoin drop by over half scared money makes no money

21. LMFAAAOOO

22. pity exactly the opposite of what you said in this video has happened

23. So you're a cryptocurrency millionaire? But are you really? Until you have the $1,000,000 in your bank account and can actually use it, you don't have anything. It blows my mind people aren't even considering how difficult it is to convert cryptocurrency back to fiat. Did you know coinbase only allows $10k in withdrawals per day with further weekly and monthly limits? So if you have $1,000,000 it's going to take you at least 100 days to remove everything. Why is that withdrawal limit so small? Cryptocurrency is a giant ponzi scheme. We have people who mined hundreds of thousands of bitcoins for mere pennies. For them to cash out, they need new money contiuously added to the market. Let me guess, every time you get paid or come across extra money you're investing it into cryptocurrency? That early investor is cashing out behind your back. A ponzi scheme also requires, and this is key, new investors not to sell. How do you prevent people from selling? You make them believe they're going to become rich one day. You're already counting your future millions. This is your retirement! And we're all still in on the ground floor! Bitcoin to $1 million! Every single one of you are long term HODLers. Just hold and you'll become rich!! You've wouldn't even consider selling. Oh you might withdrawal a few hundred here and there, but for the most part, you're keeping as much money as possible invested. This is exactly what the early investors want. The cold, hard reality of the situation is most everyone involved in cryptocurrency has already lost their money. They just don't know it yet.

24. I agree with you. NEO (the "ETH" of China) is Mooning in the face of exchange closures??? Wtf

25. The price is always being manipulated since day 1…spoofing is never going away, it is not just now.

26. Hey bud I watched the new video. Good on you. Now what alt coins do you like? I've got my few faves but what are yours? I subscribed.

27. Dude have ever traded the ‘conventional’ stock market or Forex before or just crypto currencies? You talk about market manipulation and irrational behaviour in the crypto market as though it’s unique only in that arena.

I’m assuming you are looking at the market through the lens of technical analysis? That’s all well and good (I do the same) but as I’m sure you know even the most stable blue chip stock on the market can behave totally irrationally, against all technical models and can confuse the hell out of everybody especially as at a Pro level the human element has largely been removed and trading decisions are made by algorithms.

If you are a day trader or swing trader then fine sell and buy your assets as and when you feel you can make the most. I swing trade everything except crypto I’m just accumulating and holding. I believe in the future of this technology but the volatility is inevitable. There will be many more periods like this in the coming years but I just don’t worry about it because I don’t have the house and the kitchen sink riding on it. I have a proportion that will give me a very nice profit if the price explodes but won’t have me slashing my wrists if it all goes tits up.

28. You say this and yet chinese traffic only account for between 5-7% of the global btc trade according to coinmarketcap's markets data. If anything the market is massively overreacting to this market closing due to FUD.

29. Remember Jamie Dimon's comments that caused a big drop? Have you seen this, which happened shortly afterwards?

There is most definitely manipulation happening as the "big boys" get involved. Business as usual.

30. Well it seems THAT was a good call.

31. Theorizing on your tinfoil hat manipulation idea… I think it is possible there is a whale that is "supporting" the price with those buy walls while dribbling out of their position. I see you took some flack in the comments because you're not in solid hodl mode. Bulls and bears get fed, pigs get slaughtered.

32. You're an idiot